Date: Oct 19 2009 9:00 am
Posted June 2009
This workshop will be held at Michael Fields Agricultural Institute in East Troy, Wisconsin. Two methods for preserving fall vegetables will be demonstrated. Participants will learn to make old fashioned sauerkraut through lacto fermenting. Vegetables will also be preserved using the food ecology method.
• Farmer Faculty: Beth Van De Boom—VDB Organic Farm
• MFAI Faculty: Janet Gamble—Farm & Food Education Director
• Limited to 12 participants
• General Registration: $60 (includes materials and lunch)
• CRAFT and MACSAC Registration: $48 (includes materials and lunch)
To register by phone, please contact the MFAI Farm and Foods Education department at (262) 642–3303 x128.